Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Wong <st...@macroview.com> on 2002/07/09 11:29:39 UTC

Network is unreachable: connect to listener

Is it normal to have the error message "Network is unreachable: connect
to listener" appearing every 1 second?
This appears after I used ab -n 10000 -c 100 ...

bash-2.03# ./httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_so.c

bash-2.03# ./httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.39
Server built:   Jul  8 2002 17:19:25
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020612:1
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6
 -D APR_USE_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/opt/apache_4.0.2"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/opt/apache_4.0.2/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

In httpd.conf:
# prefork MPM
# StartServers: number of server processes to start
# MinSpareServers: minimum number of server processes which are kept
spare
# MaxSpareServers: maximum number of server processes which are kept
spare
# MaxClients: maximum number of server processes allowed to start
# MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum number of requests a server process
serves
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers         5
MinSpareServers      5
MaxSpareServers     10
MaxClients         150
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

Thx. and Regards.
Steve.

Re: Network is unreachable: connect to listener

Posted by Dmitry Medvedev <me...@rsdsoft.msk.ru>.
i was mistaken. sorry.

Re: Network is unreachable: connect to listener

Posted by Jeff Beard <je...@cyberxape.com>.
Did you exceed your maxclients during your test? Do you have a
Listen directive pointing to something other than the default
or an appropriately configured and working interface?

--Jeff

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Steve Wong wrote:

> Is it normal to have the error message "Network is unreachable: connect
> to listener" appearing every 1 second?
> This appears after I used ab -n 10000 -c 100 ...

[...]

--
Jeff Beard | Systems Architect, Programmer, Sysadmin
Contact    | jeff at cyberxape dot com