Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/12 18:24:47 UTC

Wicket 1.4 expectations (was Re: Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc1 released!)

As I understand it, that's still the plan, but having said that, I'd
not expect to see too much work on a 1.4 until we've got a reasonable
amount of confidence that the released 1.3 is stable, so expect to see
a 1.3.1 before 1.4.  If we jump into 1.4 too quickly, we'll be back to
dual-branch working!

Does generification of the core make that much difference to a user of
the API?  I've been focused on JDK 1.4, so didn't have a change to
look at Wicket 2 in practice.

/Gwyn

Download Wicket 1.3.0-rc1 now! - http://wicketframework.org

Re: Wicket 1.4 expectations (was Re: Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc1 released!)

Posted by Anders Peterson <ap...@optimatika.se>.
Gwyn Evans wrote:
> Does generification of the core make that much difference to a user of
> the API?  I've been focused on JDK 1.4, so didn't have a change to
> look at Wicket 2 in practice.

Don't want to exaggerate, but once you start using Java 5 you don't want
to go back and you want all code you use to be "up to date".

The Models is probably the part of Wicket that needs generification the
most.

/Anders