Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/19 03:47:09 UTC

deployment for MySQL XA.

Can someone show me how to create deployment plan for MySQL XA datasource?
How is about MS SQL (local transaction)

Thanks
-B

-----
B Amigo:super:

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
  Did you try these?  Driver based connectors don't support xa.  Also
your ms sql sample doesn't include any transaction element at all.

thanks
david jencks

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
MySQL sample:
<resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>jdbc/SampleDatasource</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">root</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting name="Password"/>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Driver">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sampledb</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="CommitBeforeAutocommit">true</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <xa-transaction>
                            <transaction-caching/>
                        </xa-transaction>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>5</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David for pointing out the wrong points.

I made some tries, and figure out a sample datasource for mysql:
<ext-module>
        <connector>mysqlxads</connector>
        <external-path xmlns:dep="
http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
            <dep:groupId>org.tranql</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>tranql-connector-mysql-xa</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
        </external-path>
    <connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">

    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>jdbc/mysqlxads</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">sampledb</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">theusername</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password">thepassword</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <xa-transaction>
                            <transaction-caching/>
                        </xa-transaction>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>10</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>
  </connector>
</ext-module>

As to MS SQL sample, updated as following:
<resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>
                <connectionfactory-interface>
javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>jdbc/SampleDatasource</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">username</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password">password</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Driver">com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:sqlserver://servername:1433;DataBaseName=sampledb</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>5</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
                            <idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-minutes>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>

Thanks for pointing out any error.

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com>.
I succeeded to use both standalone/embedded plan to create XA/local MySQL for
my project.

Viva geronimo.

-B

djencks wrote:

> [...]
>>                        <local-transaction/>
>>                        <single-pool>
>>                            <max-size>5</max-size>
>>                            <min-size>0</min-size>
>>
>> <blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
>>                            <idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-
>> minutes>
>>                            <match-one/>
>>                        </single-pool>
>>                    </connectionmanager>
>>                </connectiondefinition-instance>
>>            </connection-definition>
>>        </outbound-resourceadapter>
>>    </resourceadapter>
>>
>>    <resourceadapter>
>>        <outbound-resourceadapter>
>>            <connection-definition>
>>
>> <connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-
>> interface>
>>                <connectiondefinition-instance>
>>                    <name>callingcard_users_notx</name>
>>                    <config-property-setting
>> name="Password">josso123$</config-property-setting>
>>                    <config-property-setting
>> name="connectionURL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/my_users</config-
>> property-setting>
>>                    <config-property-setting
>> name="UserName">josso</config-property-setting>
>>                    <connectionmanager>
>>                        <local-transaction/>
>>                        <single-pool>
>>                            <max-size>10</max-size>
>>                            <min-size>0</min-size>
>>                            <match-one/>
>>                        </single-pool>
>>                    </connectionmanager>
>>                </connectiondefinition-instance>
>>            </connection-definition>
>>        </outbound-resourceadapter>
>>    </resourceadapter>
>>

>>    <resourceadapter>
>>        <outbound-resourceadapter>
>>            <connection-definition>
>>
>> <connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-
>> interface>
>>                <connectiondefinition-instance>
>>                    <name>callingcard_users_xads</name>
>>
>>                    <config-property-setting
>> name="Password">josso123$</config-property-setting>
>>                    <config-property-setting
>> name="connectionURL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/my_users</config-
>> property-setting>
>>                    <config-property-setting
>> name="UserName">josso</config-property-setting>
>>
>>                    <connectionmanager>
>>                        <xa-transaction>
>>                            <transaction-caching/>
>>                        </xa-transaction>
>>                        <single-pool>
>>                            <max-size>10</max-size>
>>                            <min-size>0</min-size>
>>                            <match-one/>
>>                        </single-pool>
>>                    </connectionmanager>
>>                </connectiondefinition-instance>
>>            </connection-definition>
>>        </outbound-resourceadapter>
>>    </resourceadapter>
>>

>> </connector>
>>

>> Forrest_Xia wrote:
>>>
>>> Seems you have a wrong DNS setting, you can try as follows:
>>> 1. Check your /etc/hosts to see what ip is mapped to your localhost

-----
B Amigo:super:

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Take out all mention of

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com>.

Forrest_Xia wrote:

> Seems you have a wrong DNS setting, you can try as follows:
> 1. Check your /etc/hosts to see what ip is mapped to your localhost
> 2. Try ping localhost

-----
B Amigo:super:

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by Forrest_Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com>.
Forrest,

Thanks millions. These steps should go to wiki. Many people should also
benefit to know how to integrate Geronimo with MySQL.

-B

Forrest_Xia wrote:

> Ok, give you a full instruction about how to setup datasource in geronimo.
>
> There are two ways:
> 1. Create a datasource and deploy it as a standalone JEE connector module
> 2. Embed a datasource definition in an application deployment plan.
>
> Method 1:
> 1. Refer to the attachment "sample-mysql-xa-ds-plan-standalone.xml" to
> create a standalone JEE connector deployment plan
> 2. Install the mysql jdbc driver to geronimo repository via admin console,
> and ensure its repository id is same as the defined one in the sample
> plan.
> 3. Use command line to deploy it, sample command for mysql xa datasource:
> $GERONIMO_HOME/bin/deploy.sh -u system -p manager deploy
> $GERONIMO_HOME/repository/org/tranql/tranql-connector-mysql-xa/1.2/tranql-connector-mysql-xa-1.2.rar
> sample-mysql-xa-ds-plan-standalone.xml
> 4. Then you will able to use the datasource via its jndi name
> "java:comp/env/jdbc/mysqlxads"
>
> Method 2:
> 1. Refer to the attachment "sample-mysql-xa-ds-plan-embeded.xml" to create
> an application deployment plan, replace web module and ejb module
> according
> to your application
> 2. Install the mysql jdbc driver to geronimo repository via admin console,
> and ensure its repository id is same as the defined one in the sample
> plan.
> 3. Use command line or admin console to deploy your application with the
> plan. For example, the command line as follows:
> $GERONIMO_HOME/bin/deploy.sh -u system -p manager deploy yourapp.ear
> sample-mysql-xa-ds-plan-embeded.xml
> 4. Then you will able to use the datasource via its jndi name
> "java:comp/env/jdbc/mysqlxads"
>

> The transaction config element is something like:
> For XA:
> <connectionmanager>
>   <xa-transaction>
>      <transaction-caching/>
>   </xa-transaction>
> </connectionmanager>
>
> For local transaction:
> <connectionmanager>
>    <local-transaction/>
> </connectionmanager>
>
> As to how to configure MS SQL datasource, it's similar.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Forrest

-----
B Amigo:super:

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by Ying Tang <yi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the detailed instruction.  It has been documented here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC22/Configuring+a+MySQL+datasource

Any comments?

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I added this MS SQL resourceadapter into my datasource plan

<resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>mynuvoip</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">sa</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password">xxxxxx</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Driver">com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=dtalk</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>5</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
                            <idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-minutes>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
   </resourceadapter>

When I tried to deploy my plugin to geronimo, it complaints that I did see
MS SQL driver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver. I have
installed MS SQL jar file to geronimo repostitory. What setting should I put
in plan.xml to tell the deployer get the driver from geronimo repository?

Thanks
-B

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuration
com.myvoip.ipservices/callingcard-datasource/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/car failed to
start due to the following reasons:
  The service
J2EEApplication=null,JCAConnectionFactory=mynuvoip,JCAResource=com.myvoip.ipservices/callingcard-datasource/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/car,ResourceAdapter=com.myvoip.ipservices/callingcard-datasource/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/car,ResourceAdapterModule=com.myvoip.ipservices/callingcard-datasource/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=mynuvoip
did not start because Unable to load driver class:

bongosdude wrote:

> I have put your suggestions into my plan.xml. but maven still complains?
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
>     <dep:environment
> xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
>         <dep:moduleId>
>             <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
>             <dep:artifactId>my_users</dep:artifactId>
>             <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
>             <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
>         </dep:moduleId>
>         <dep:dependencies>
>             <dep:dependency>
>                 <dep:groupId>mysql</dep:groupId>
>                 <dep:artifactId>mysql-connector-java</dep:artifactId>
>                 <dep:version>5.1.7</dep:version>
>                 <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
>             </dep:dependency>
>         </dep:dependencies>
>     </dep:environment>
>
>     <resourceadapter>
>         <outbound-resourceadapter>
>             <connection-definition>
>
> <connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
>                 <connectiondefinition-instance>
>                     <name>callingcard_users</name>
>                     <config-property-setting
> name="Password">josso123$</config-property-setting>
>                     <config-property-setting
> name="connectionURL">http://localhost:3306/my_users</config-property-setting>
>                     <config-property-setting
> name="UserName">josso</config-property-setting>
>                     <connectionmanager>
>                         <xa-transaction>
>                             <transaction-caching/>
>                         </xa-transaction>
>                         <single-pool>
>                             <max-size>10</max-size>
>                             <min-size>0</min-size>
>                             <match-one/>
>                         </single-pool>
>                     </connectionmanager>
>                 </connectiondefinition-instance>
>             </connection-definition>
>         </outbound-resourceadapter>
>     </resourceadapter>
> </connector>
>
> 1. Maven complains that the attribute DatabaseName is not valid, I have to
> change to connectionURL
> 2. Where does it look to find out if the driver is XA or not?
> 3. I tried to put in the node <ext-module>, maven erred out with message,
> <ext-module> is not valid node
>
> Thanks
> -B
>

> bongosdude wrote:
>>
>> David,
>>
>> I could not figure out how to copy the plan out of the dbpool wizard. Can
>> you show me the steps?
>>
>> -B
>>

>> djencks wrote:
>>>
>>> The easiest way is to use the admin console database wizard.  You can
>>> copy the plan out of the wizard to put into your plan.xml source.  You
>>> can duplicate the xa pool and change the tx element to <no-
>>> transaction> for the non-jta datasource
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

-----
B Amigo:super:

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com>.

bongosdude wrote:

> David,
>
> I could not figure out how to copy the plan out of the dbpool wizard. Can
> you show me the steps?
>
> -B
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> The easiest way is to use the admin console database wizard.  You can
>> copy the plan out of the wizard to put into your plan.xml source.  You
>> can duplicate the xa pool and change the tx element to <no-
>> transaction> for the non-jta datasource
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Jan 18, 2009, at 6:47 PM, bongosdude wrote:
>>

>>> Can someone show me how to create deployment plan for MySQL XA
>>> datasource?
>>> How is about MS SQL (local transaction)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -B
>>>
>>> -----
>>> B Amigo:super:
>>> --
>>> Nabble.com.

-----
B Amigo:super:

Re: deployment for MySQL XA.

Posted by bongosdude <bo...@gmail.com>.
David,

djencks wrote:

> The easiest way is to use the admin console database wizard.  You can
> copy the plan out of the wizard to put into your plan.xml source.  You
> can duplicate the xa pool and change the tx element to <no-
> transaction> for the non-jta datasource
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jan 18, 2009, at 6:47 PM, bongosdude wrote:
>

>> Can someone show me how to create deployment plan for MySQL XA
>> datasource?
>> How is about MS SQL (local transaction)
>>
>> Thanks
>> -B