Posted to iot@apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/11/13 09:16:33 UTC

Little trip to Brussels (Workshop about the future of Open Source Software and Open Source Hardware)

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you that later this afternoon I’ll be heading out to Brussels to an event of a different kind (at least for me).
The European Commission is doing a 2 day Workshop on: Future of Open Source Software and Open Source Hardware (For the European Union)
https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/workshop-about-future-open-source-software-and-open-source-hardware

I’ll be part of a (I think) 3 people group from Apache going there.

As a lot of the “Heads of Open-Source” from the major commercial players are going to be there, I really hope to be able to perhaps build some bridges there.
And/or to prevent “fake news” from being spread. I already noticed that it does appear that some of the big players want to use the event to white-wash their activities.
I really hope this gut-feeling is un-justified, but if it isn’t – I’ll be waiting ;-)

Anything in particular I should pay any attention too? Anything I should bring forward there?

Chris