Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Wragg <wi...@datapro.co.uk> on 2002/09/04 11:58:24 UTC

SIGSEGV error and SCO OpenServer

Hi,

I am trying to install Tomcat 4.0.4 on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 box with Java
SDK 1.2.2 (This is the newest SDK release available for this platform)

I can run Tomcat 3.3.1 on the system but Tomcat 4.0.4 gives the following
error in the $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out file:

SIGSEGV 11* segmentation violation

Then vast swathes of dump output.

I checked the archives and found people having similar problems with Java
1.2.2 and Tomcat 4.0.4 on other systems. The recommended solution seems to
be to set the stack size to 2048(kbytes?). Unfortunately I cannot seem to
find out how to do that on SCO.

Is there anyone out there who has got this combination running on SCO
OpenServer 5.0.5.
Any help greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Wm.

AW: SIGSEGV error and SCO OpenServer

Posted by William Wragg <wi...@datapro.co.uk>.
After much hunting down files and documentation and trial and error I have
managed to get Tomcat 4.0.4 to work on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5a. Listed below
are the steps that I took:

You can only do the below if you are running SCO OpenServer 5.0.5a or higher.

(1) Check to make sure that the UDK binary compatibility package is version
7.1.1b or higher:

pkginfo -l OSRcompat

If it isn't version 7.1.1b, or higher, then remove it:

pkgrm OSRcompat

And then install the OSRcompat 7.1.1b package:

pkgadd -d `pwd`/udkrtfs.image OSRcompat

NOTE 1: The above command assumes you are in the same directory as the
udkrtfs.image file.
NOTE 2: The udkrtfs.image package can be found as part of the 'UnixWare and
OpenServer Development Kit Feature Supplement 7.1.1b' at
http://www.caldera.com/downloads You only need to download the
udkrtfs.image.Z part. This will then have to be uncompressed before the
above command can be used.

(2) Install the java 1.3_02 sdk:

pkgadd -d `pwd`/java2sdk3.pkg

NOTE 1: The above command assumes you are in the same directory as the
java2sdk3.pkg file.
NOTE 2: The java2sdk3.pkg package can be found at
http://www.caldera.com/downloads You only need to download the
java2sdk3.pkg.Z part. This will then have to be uncompressed before the
above command can be used.
NOTE 3: The release notes say that this JDK can only be used with
OpenServer 5.0.6 or greater. But it seems to work with no problems on
OpenServer 5.0.5a with the UDK 7.1.1b compatibility package installed.

(3) Install Tomcat 4.0.4 as normal.

Everything should then work.

Regards,

Wm.