Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org> on 2008/06/27 23:28:53 UTC

Recent checkin breaks 32-bit builds

Hi all,

The recent checkin to use XMLFileLoc consistently to represent
line/column numbers has broken most of the 32-bit platforms.

I've almost finished a patch, just in case anyone else has decided to
work on it.

Dave

Re: Recent checkin breaks 32-bit builds

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Hi David,

David Bertoni <db...@apache.org> writes:

> It's about time we got rid of support for VC6, since it's long out of
> service.

I am personally in favor of dropping VC6 (and even more so BCB) but
other developers might not share this view. I think we will have to
vote for it so feels free to initiate it (you've got my +1; I would
first ask the community if anyone is planning to use 3.0.0 with VC6
or BCB.

> We already have a similar workaround in Xalan-C, which I first pursued
> for this issue, but it involves some ifdefs.  I can revive that if you
> want me to.

I've already committed a fix that should take care of this.

BTW, I haven't had a chance to review your memory manager patch yet
but I am planning to do so in the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Boris

Re: Recent checkin breaks 32-bit builds

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.