Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Sven Haiges <sh...@flavor.de> on 2003/10/06 20:24:51 UTC

Torque in Web Apps / another questions

I just recognized some strange behaviour:

I reloaded the Struts Action several times which must have resulted in
several consecutive calls to a peer.doSelect.... from the Business Delegate
of my Web Application. After 2 or3 times, everything was working again...
it seemed like torque refreshed the connections.

again a snapshot from the torque.properties:

## Using commons-dbcp
#torque.dsfactory.xmas.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.xmas.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.PerUserPoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.xmas.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
#torque.dsfactory.xmas.pool.testOnBorrow=true

-->testOnBorrow would probably help, but when using this option Torque
won't work with my MySQL-Driver any more.
( I assume, that this option chekcs if the conneciton is alive and creates
a new one if this is not the case...)

#torque.dsfactory.xmas.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
torque.dsfactory.xmas.connection.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Any more ideas? THX,
Sven