Posted to users@flex.apache.org by castroalves <ca...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/08 15:35:02 UTC

Mobile Facebook-like slide menu

Hi people!

Do you know to implement an slider menu like this using Views:
http://www.aldomatic.com/jqm/fb-menu-style/

Best wishes!

Cadu de Castro Alves

Re: Mobile Facebook-like slide menu

Posted by macniroc <jc...@gmail.com>.
I actually created this control for a project, I used tween lite like Romain
KELIFA stated and Robot Legs. here is my github -
https://github.com/jchri853/FlexSlideMenu Enjoy!

Re: Mobile Facebook-like slide menu

Posted by Romain KELIFA <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I already did that formerly at work, so here is how you could also
implement it,
provided you want to fine tune your component (for performance purpose) :

The basic idea is to put your menu behind your view navigator, using
TweenLite to handle navigator transition from left to right and vice-versa,
and keep tracks of application / navigator / view status to avoid bugs.

You can do this by extending and using your own versions of application,
application skin, navigator and navigator view transition :

   - custom application to be able to handle facebook-like effect and keep
   tracks of menu transitioning status (view transitioning status already
   managed by the navigator). you can also wait for the appropriate time to
   allow user to click to close the menu, for incoming view to call a
   webservice, etc

   - custom navigator view transition (cover/uncover for example) + handle
   dynamically navigator defaultPushTransition and defaultPopTransition (you
   might want to temporarily cancel view transition setting these properties
   to null, depending on if menu is currently opened or not). overriding
   navigator means you can also handle a loader screen upon view loading, if
   required

If you want to go further you should use your own version of view too, to
be able to keep tracks of its current status.
secret is, for the most, to sequence each step of the app for smooth
integration.

Romain

--
Romain Kelifa
____________________________________

Gsm : +33 (0) 660 698 208
Contact : romain.kelifa@gmail.com
____________________________________

Re: Mobile Facebook-like slide menu

Posted by Cadu de Castro Alves <ca...@bluefactory.com.br>.
Maurice, thank you very much! You saved my life! =)

Att,

Cadu de Castro Alves
Geekpreneur & Web Developer

Mobile: +55 21 9 9574-0115
Twitter: @castroalves
Facebook: cadudecastroalves

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Maurice Amsellem <

--
Massimo Perani

Re: Mobile Facebook-like slide menu

Posted by Massimo Perani <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Massimo Perani

RE: Mobile Facebook-like slide menu

Posted by Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com>.
I think you are looking for something like this...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33839

On that page there is a tourdeflexmobile.fxp file...

The main navigation in this application (you have to touch the flex logo to
get there) implements what you are looking for, I believe.

Mark

You´re right, Maurice. I'd like the same effect that happens in the link
I've attached before.

Att,

Cadu de Castro Alves
Geekpreneur & Web Developer

Mobile: +55 21 9 9574-0115
Twitter: @castroalves
Facebook: cadudecastroalves

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Maurice Amsellem <
maurice.amsellem@systar.com> wrote:

> I think castroalves is talking about the slider menu show/hide with
> effect .
>
> Maurice

---

Re: Mobile Facebook-like slide menu

Posted by Cadu de Castro Alves <ca...@bluefactory.com.br>.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Mobile Facebook-like slide menu

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.
Example looks very similar to
http://flex.apache.org/asdoc/spark/components/TabbedViewNavigator.html

On 08/01/2014 14:35, castroalves wrote:
> Hi people!
>
> Do you know to implement an slider menu like this using Views:
> http://www.aldomatic.com/jqm/fb-menu-style/
>
> Best wishes!
>
> Cadu de Castro Alves

Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Mobile Facebook-like slide menu

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
I was able to implement that concept into a project. I forked the Tour de
Flex example and integrated some code into it to accomplish that workflow. I
used a mouse events, I posted the source code  here
<https://github.com/quick6black/flex-examples>