Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Benjamin Jansen <bj...@w007.org> on 2013/05/09 01:33:08 UTC

Fix for AMQ-3915 undone by fix for AMQ-4033

Hello,

I have been researching how to restrict JMX to bind to a loopback address, so that it is not accessible off the box, but is easily accessible to a different user account (our software, which embeds ActiveMQ, is running as Local System). Based on my research, such a thing is not directly supported by JVM configuration. So, I was pleased to discover AMQ-3915 [1] and that it was marked fixed for the 5.7 release of ActiveMQ.

Unfortunately, when I tried setting connectorHost, it appeared to have no effect. I dug in and discovered that a subsequent bug fix, for AMQ-4033 [2], actually undid the fix for AMQ-3915 [3]. Was this intentional?

Thanks,
Ben Jansen

1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3915
2: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4033
3: starting with line 500 at https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/activemq?cs=1382852

Re: Fix for AMQ-3915 undone by fix for AMQ-4033

Posted by Benjamin Jansen <bj...@w007.org>.
On May 10, 2013, at 06:56 , Christian Posta wrote:

> Yah, could be unintentional. Can you make this comment on the
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4033 JIRA?

Will do.

Thanks,
Ben