Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Alan DeKok <al...@giles.striker.ottawa.on.ca> on 1998/02/03 02:51:46 UTC

Re: Contributed modules

  [ some off-line exchanges later ... ]

Randy Terbush <ra...@covalent.net> wrote:
> I know of only one module registry that did not make it into
> the database which was discussed on the apache-modules list.
> I've corrected that. If you have a module to register, I
> would ask that you do so that it can be moved into the
> registry.

  I have done this, 4 times now within the past 3 months, and have
discussed the module on apache-modules.  I have not seen any new
modules listed since October.  As I noted before, there were others on
apache-modules who have had the same difficulties.

  If I create a backup Module Registry list, can it be referenced from
the "Apache Module Registry" entry on the related projects page?  I
dislike duplicating other people's work, but I also dislike seeing
effort go wasted.

  Alan DeKok.

Re: Contributed modules

Posted by Randy Terbush <ra...@covalent.net>.
Look Alan,

As I told you in both public and private email, the Module
Registry is being maintained. The fact that it is not being
maintained to your satisfaction is not my problem. I've
asked you to resubmit your information or mail it to me
privately.

I would not support duplication of this project in another
place.