Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Francois JEANMOUGIN <Fr...@123multimedia.com> on 2005/05/09 15:28:14 UTC

[SOLUTION] RE: TC 5.0.28 TCP Cluster mcastBindAddr parameter ignored

Francois JEANMOUGIN :
> I have two machines with two ethernet inetrfaces. On the first machine,
> the
> multicat annouces are made on eth0 (private network) and on the other one
> on
> eth2 (publmic network). Setting mcastBindAddr does not correct this
> behaviour. I can't see what can force tomcat to use the private interface
> on
> both systems. I can't figure out what causes tomcat to choose one
> interface
> or the other.
>
> Any help appreciated,

There is probably something wired in the way the multicast packets are
routed. Anyway, mcastAddrBind is NEVER used. The packets are going out via
the interface of the default gateway.

I have no idea how to manage it, I just made routes corrections to solve my
problem.

François.