Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Grebac <ma...@sun.com> on 2002/07/17 15:13:40 UTC

4.1.7b admin application

Hi,
 I just installed the 4.1.7b, and was keen to see the admin application.
Everything except admin app works ok, but I can't log into the
application. I always get

  HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

I didn't know what's wrong, so I tried to look for some documentation
for the app (especially what needs to be setup to make it running and
what login should be used), but did not find anything. I'd appreciate
any hints, or links to the docs.
 Thanks a lot,
  Martin

Re: 4.1.7b admin application

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Martin Grebac wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:13:40 +0200
> From: Martin Grebac <ma...@sun.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: 4.1.7b admin application
>
> Hi,
>  I just installed the 4.1.7b, and was keen to see the admin application.
> Everything except admin app works ok, but I can't log into the
> application. I always get
>

>   HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied
>
> I didn't know what's wrong, so I tried to look for some documentation
> for the app (especially what needs to be setup to make it running and
> what login should be used), but did not find anything. I'd appreciate
> any hints, or links to the docs.
>  Thanks a lot,
>   Martin

Before you can use the admin app, you have to set up a user with
role "admin" in the user database file (conf/tomcat-users.xml).  There is
no such user when Tomcat is first installed (for obvious security
reasons).

Craig