Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Low Han Ming <lo...@flashmail.com> on 2001/10/08 07:07:08 UTC

Integrating Tomcat 4 with Apache

Hi,

Sorry for the reposting.

I'm trying to figure out how to configure Apache to integrate with Tomcat
4.0.

I refer to the Tomcat-Apache Howto.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat-old/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/tomcat-apache-ho
wto.html
But I think it is refering to Tomcat 3.x and it refer to some conf file that
I can't find in the conf directory. (e.g. tomcat-apache.conf,
mod_jk.conf-auto)

In the Tomcat 4.0 documentation, I look at the warp connector but I'm rather
new to Tomcat and doesn't quite know what to do.

Is there a simplier howto or step by step instruction to configure Apache to
integrate with Tomcat 4.0.

Greatly apprecitate any help.

Thanks.

Han Ming

Re: Integrating Tomcat 4 with Apache

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Low Han Ming,

I have had success in setting up Tomcat 4.0 and Apache
1.3.20 by following these documents

   jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/README.txt
   jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/INSTALL.txt

(Don't read webapp/docs/apache-1.3.html, the
information is incorrect.)

In order to follow the path above, start here

   http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html

The webapp module can be checked out with this module
command

   $ cvs co jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp

HTH,
Janek Bogucki

 --- Low Han Ming <lo...@flashmail.com> wrote: > Hi,