Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by ganesh shankar <gs...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/12 13:57:33 UTC

issue facing while reading decimal data type from parquet file in map reduce

Hi ,

I am reading parquet file present in impala in map reduce.The schema of the
table is having decimal datatype and other data types.

I am using *ParquetInputFormat *to parse parquet records.In mapper,i am
getting  all the column value except decimal. The decimal data type is in
non-readable binary format which I am trying to convert into double is
giving some other value.

Can you help me out??

Regards,
Ganesh

Re: issue facing while reading decimal data type from parquet file in map reduce

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Ganesh,

I think the only object model that supports decoding decimals is
parquet-avro. What are you trying to use?

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer