Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peeths <an...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/06/20 15:39:28 UTC

integrate cocoon and ejb

hi,

i'm bulding up an application in cocoon , and i want
to integrate ejb with cocoon , how can i do that , any
configuration file that we have to do , or can we
integrate in the sitemap itself

regards
Peeths

Re: integrate cocoon and ejb

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
> 3. Do something else. This is the approach we are currently using. We
> wrote a generic "BusinessDelegate" component that is configured in
> cocoon.xconf. A new instance of the BusinessDelegate is configured for
> each method that can be called.  It returns a DataTransferObject as a
> request attribute. We then have a "BeanGenerator" that uses Betwixt to
> convert the DTO into SAX events.
>
> We will probably convert to using flow (or possibly the faces block) to
> access our EJBs in the future as performing decisions based upon data in
> the DTO makes the sitemap cumbersome.

Interesting. I used option 1. combined with the SessionAttributeGenerator that is part of Cocoon
core (though you might have to add an extra generator in your sitemap). I created an object that
implements the XMLizable interface that comes with Excalibur package. All you have to write is the
toSAX function and the rest is sorted out by the SessionAttributeGenerator.

Though, I am probably not complying to EJB standards that well...

;)

Cheers,
Geert

Re: integrate cocoon and ejb

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Cocoon doesn't provide any "automatic" integration with EJBs.  There are
a couple of approaches:
1. Use flow (Flowscript or Javaflow).  You call your EJBs from the flow
and then pass the objects through the pipeline.
2. The old way - use actions.
3. Do something else. This is the approach we are currently using. We
wrote a generic "BusinessDelegate" component that is configured in
cocoon.xconf. A new instance of the BusinessDelegate is configured for
each method that can be called.  It returns a DataTransferObject as a
request attribute. We then have a "BeanGenerator" that uses Betwixt to
convert the DTO into SAX events.

We will probably convert to using flow (or possibly the faces block) to
access our EJBs in the future as performing decisions based upon data in
the DTO makes the sitemap cumbersome.

Ralph

Re: integrate cocoon and ejb

Posted by Peeths <an...@yahoo.co.in>.
Thank you very much Geert , i'll look further for the
next concepts , in web.xml there is a reference
variable it seems called <ejb-ref> using that we can
conect , these much information i got from net , the i
have to go further how we'll connect it , thatnx a lot

regards
Peeths

Re: integrate cocoon and ejb

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.