Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com> on 2023/12/12 14:17:05 UTC

[VOTE][RUST][DataFusion] Release Apache Arrow DataFusion 34.0.0 RC1

Hi,

I would like to propose a release of Apache Arrow DataFusion Implementation,
version 34.0.0.

This release candidate is based on commit:
1a02d1456878dcd44159ebaf33e24c28f471aa14 [1]
The proposed release tarball and signatures are hosted at [2].
The changelog is located at [3].

Please download, verify checksums and signatures, run the unit tests, and
vote
on the release. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but all members of the community
are
encouraged to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

The standard verification procedure is documented at
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/blob/main/dev/release/README.md#verifying-release-candidates
.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Arrow DataFusion 34.0.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Arrow DataFusion 34.0.0 because...

Here is my vote:

+1

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/tree/1a02d1456878dcd44159ebaf33e24c28f471aa14
[2]:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/arrow/apache-arrow-datafusion-34.0.0-rc1
[3]:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/blob/1a02d1456878dcd44159ebaf33e24c28f471aa14/CHANGELOG.md

Re: [VOTE][RUST][DataFusion] Release Apache Arrow DataFusion 34.0.0 RC1

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
There is now a PR with a proposed fix ready as well[1]

[1]: https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/pull/8533

Posted by "L. C. Hsieh" <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Andrew.