Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by LE BOUTER Leo <le...@aphp.fr> on 2020/03/11 20:50:13 UTC

Apache Solr 8.x

Hello!

We're looking into migrating our Hadoop installation to Bigtop, but
currently we use Apache Solr 8.x - I have read inside JIRA that you are
planning to upgrade to 6.6.6 in the next release, but that is an old,
upstream unsupported version with known security vulnerabilities.

JIRA issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3123?focusedCommentId=17038785&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-17038785

Security vulnerability:

To keep our Hadoop installation secure and benefit from the latest
features and performance improvements, we like to stay close to
upstream stable releases.

What currently prevents Apache Bigtop from distributing Apache Solr
8.x?

I think Bigtop can be a strong vendor-independent base for our
deployment. I'd like to work towards making Bigtop a good fit for our
use case.

Thank you

--
Leo Le Bouter <le...@aphp.fr>
Entrepot de Donnees de Sante (WIND)

Re: Apache Solr 8.x

Posted by Jun HE <ju...@apache.org>.
I'd love to see solr sitting on latest version. The only concern is about
inter compatibility with other Bigtop components.
So as long as the new version passes building and smoke tests it is fine
for me to bump.

By the way, I triggered your PR (https://github.com/apache/bigtop/pull/614)
on CI. Smoke test failed. Pls check the detail here:
https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/github-pr-check/19/DISTRO=centos-7,PLATFORM=amd64-slave/console

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/github-pr-check/19/DISTRO=debian-9,PLATFORM=amd64-slave/console

Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> 于2020年3月12日周四 下午3:39写道:

Re: Apache Solr 8.x