Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jeff Davidson <Je...@rocketgaming.com> on 2004/10/12 21:24:57 UTC

RE: [Cruisecontrol-user] Preserving case

Michael,

I have been on vacation for a week, and have been skimming through all
my Ant-users and CC-users e-mails.  I see that you asked the same
question on both lists.  Unfortunately, I don't have a definitive answer
for you.  But, I'm going to guess that you must be working in Windows.
In the Windows environment FOO.TXT, Foo.Txt, and foo.txt are the same
file.  I seem to recall reading something about this being a known
problem that is rooted in how the O/S (Windows) deals with
case-sensitivity of file names (i.e. it treats them as the same file).

I seem to recall that the problem is not with the stcheckout task, but
with Starteam not changing the actual file name in the repository.  If
you manually deleted the affected file (i.e. the one on which you
changed the case) and check it out do you get the old file name or the
modified file name?

I hope I'm not sending you barking up the wrong tree.  Does that
diagnosis sound familiar to anyone else?

Regards,
~Jeff