Posted to dev@pirk.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/02/04 14:09:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] Next steps for the community

Team,

We appear to have lost momentum.  The last substantive email I see in
the mailing lists is in Dec 2016 from a contributor attempting to
contribute a PR but no reply.  The last significant code commit into
the repo was early Nov 2016 and really trailed off in Oct 2016.

It will be important to either work to rebuild momentum or consider
retirement as outlined here [1].  In our last report it was noted by
one mentor that activity has dropped off.  With our incubator report
due next month we should aim to have a more definitive path in play.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html

Thanks
Joe

Re: [DISCUSS] Next steps for the community

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Superb -- thanks for the acknowledgement!

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Well put, Joe.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
i have a jira assigned for adding flink streaming support to Pirk which i
plan to do work on over the next few weeks, other than that I think we
would need some short term roadmap to keep some level of activity and
momentum.

I know Tim was gonna be adding REST api calls.

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@apache.org>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.