Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Adam Barclay <ec...@ntlworld.com> on 2003/01/18 14:34:36 UTC

Using SSH authentication with CVS

Hi,
I'm trying to get CVS to work on the sourceforge cvs servers, which
requires SSH.
I am not very familiar with CVS as I use WinCVS and used another program to
actually set it up, therefore I don;t know what I would have t do for
things like cvsRoot and other.
Can somebody please show me the way, I simply want to, for now update one
file(I know the actual CVS commands). I would appreciate a small snippet
that will show me how to do it in ant, and if required, any files that I
would need to download.

Thankyou for any help!

Re: Using SSH authentication with CVS

Posted by Adam Barclay <ec...@ntlworld.com>.
At 18:00 18-01-2003 -0500, you wrote:
>You can get an ssh connection while continuing to use WinCvs - I do that
>daily.  See PuTTY at http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/.

Sorry I think you must have been confused(bad message probably ;)) I was
just referring to using WinCVS, that was the reason for poor knowledge of
CVS commands and setup. I want to be able to connect using SSH in the Ant
CVS task.
Thanks for the reply though :)

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@speakeasy.net>.