Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dmitry Rogatkin <DM...@VISTO.COM> on 2001/04/03 23:46:03 UTC

Tomcat 4.0 b2 and classloader

Great job Tomcat team! Now Tomcat starts much faster and private class loader provides excellent protection, but there is some bad thing. I didn't specify explicitly for my servlet/JSP XML parser classes, because they were already in class path. Now, I have to. I think, XML parser classes can be considered as system level classes without necessity specifying them for each servlet. Is there a possibility to provide some classes shared by all servlet/JSP including Tomcat itself? Or probably there is another solution?

Thanks.

Dmitry R., dmitryr@visto.com
Chief Architect, MetricStream.COM
Santa Clara, CA