Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luís Góis <lu...@netc.pt> on 2001/06/19 05:38:50 UTC

Why I can't share Cocoon and Servlets contexts in Tomcat?!HELP

Hello!

I'm getting rather desperate about what's hapenning to me! I want to share a session object between a XSP page
(where it's create) and a servlet. It seemed to work fine once I put the servlet in <servlet-mapping> element at the web
descriptor web.xml, but  that was using the Opera Web Browser. then I tried with IE, Netscape ... Opera again an it
never worked again. I'm sure I didn't change the source code ... but I can't believe it just stopped working. I've
restarted tomcat 1000 times with no success.

Perhaps any of you could give me a step-by-step list of checks I could do to make shure that those sessions are getting
shared, since my servlets are in the WEB-INF/classes directory of my cocoon app deployment.

Refusing all cookies in my browser, the session ID of the servlet changes after every reload (and is different from
jsession parameter at the URL). When accepting cookies, the session ID is diferent for XSP page and servlet and they
keep their values after every reload.

Thanks in advance.
Luis Gois