Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Aaron Rich <aa...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/21 03:09:06 UTC

CM of nar via toolkit cli and regisry

Hi,

I'm trying to determine the best way to CM custom nar files for sharing
between team. We are using nifi-registry for the flows and I saw there was
a new capability via the toolkit cli for "upload-bundle".

I'm trying to use that but have ran into a few issues:
1) I first wasn't getting the META-INF/docs/ in the .nar. I had built the
initial project from mvn archetype:generate with version 1.9.2. I added:
<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
<artifactId>nifi-nar-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.3.1</version>
<extensions>true</extensions>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>

To the base pom.xml. It has the parent of:
<parent>
<groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
<artifactId>nifi-nar-bundles</artifactId>
<version>1.9.2</version>
</parent>

That got the docs in the jar:
     0 Sat Jul 20 20:53:44 MDT 2019 META-INF/docs/
    72 Sat Jul 20 20:53:44 MDT 2019 META-INF/docs/extension-manifest.xml
     0 Sat Jul 20 20:53:44 MDT 2019 META-INF/docs/additional-details/

2)I tried to use cli then with command:
./bin/cli.sh registry upload-bundle --baseUrl http://localhost:18080/
--bucketId bcc0865e-818f-475b-b506-c95614b9a9d1 -ebt nifi-nar -ebf
.custom-processor-nar-1.0-SNAPSHOT.nar

I get back "ERROR: Error executing command 'upload-bundle' : Error creating
extension bundle version: An unexpected error has occurred. Please check
the logs for additional details."

In Registry log, error is:
Exception: Unable to obtain extension info for bundle due to: Unable to
parse extension manifest due to: Unexpected end of input block; expected an
identifier
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,72]
 at [Source:
(org.apache.nifi.registry.bundle.extract.nar.NarBundleExtractor$NonCloseableInputStream);
line: 1, column: 73]. Returning Internal Server Error response.
org.apache.nifi.registry.bundle.extract.BundleException: Unable to obtain
extension info for bundle due to: Unable to parse extension manifest due
to: Unexpected end of input
block; expected an identifier

Questions:
1) Should I need to set the 1.3.1 plugin do get the docs in nar? I thought
that would be automatic from parent version being 1.9.2
2) Is there an example for how to use the toolkit cli to upload-bundle?
3) Is there a better way to CM .nar? Archiva? Artifactory?

Thanks.

-Aaron

Re: CM of nar via toolkit cli and regisry

Posted by Jeff <jt...@gmail.com>.
Aaron,

Sorry, late night and I read your previous email too quickly.  Bryan is
correct, and I just tested it.  In the root pom, I added:

    <dependencyManagement>
>         <dependencies>
>             <dependency>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>nifi-api</artifactId>
>                 <version>1.10.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>             </dependency>
>             <dependency>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>nifi-mock</artifactId>
>                 <version>1.10.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>             </dependency>
>         </dependencies>
>     </dependencyManagement>

I also removed the version tag for nifi-mock (so that it inherits the
version specified in dependencyManagement) from the nifi-module (not
nifi-module-api, nifi-module-api-nar, or nifi-module-nar), and the build
succeeded.

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Rich <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by Jeff <jt...@gmail.com>.
Aaron,

Posted by Aaron Rich <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Rich <aa...@gmail.com>.
Also,

Posted by Aaron Rich <aa...@gmail.com>.
Great.

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: CM of nar via toolkit cli and regisry

Posted by Aaron Rich <aa...@gmail.com>.