Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stephen Friedrich <tr...@eekboom.com> on 2007/08/10 12:19:38 UTC

[Trinidad] commandNavigationItem.action not workaing at all

When I define an action in commandNavigationItem it seems to have no effect at all.
In the following snippet only the first item (that uses destintaion) is working.
The others have no effect at all. Neither the static outcome works, nor does the third
one ever call the processor component.

I found a few related e-mails in the list archive, but no solution in sight.
- Trinidad 1.2.1
- Facelets CVS (with version detection in FacesAPI patched to recognize
   all trinidad components as JSF 1.2, see my previous mail "Problem with validation in Seam")
- JBoss Seam 2 (CVS)

When I look at the generated html it just contazu7ines a "#" link target:
	<a id="j_id5:users2" name="j_id5:users2" href="#">

Any suggestions how to solve this? I tried to debug, but I am not at all familiar with
faces internals.

Re: [Trinidad] commandNavigationItem.action not workaing at all

Posted by Stephen Friedrich <tr...@eekboom.com>.
Oh my, problem solved. Most beginner-like mistake of all.
My commandNavigationItem was not inside a form.
It's easy to forget that for a menu bar, because you do not usually
think of a form with input fields...
Also Seams's s:link (which I use mosly) _does_ work outside of any form.