Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Subrahmanya Bhat <sm...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/23 05:13:21 UTC

Want to develop for Jmeter.

Hi,

I am Subrahmanya A and I would like to participate in jmeter development. I
have already registered for both Dev and user mailing lists.
I have the build-able jmeter code-base in my machine.

However I do not have the following questions answered;

1. Do I need to setup the sandbox in my machine?. (Using SVN)
2. How to take up new issues?. I understand that BugZilla is used here to do
issue management, but I am not clear how to take up an issue.

Some help here is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Subrahmanya A

Re: Want to develop for Jmeter.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23/10/2007, Subrahmanya Bhat <sm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Subrahmanya A and I would like to participate in jmeter development. I
> have already registered for both Dev and user mailing lists.
> I have the build-able jmeter code-base in my machine.
>
> However I do not have the following questions answered;
>
> 1. Do I need to setup the sandbox in my machine?. (Using SVN)

Not sure what you mean by sandbox.

You need a local copy of the source code; it's probably best to use
SVN to check it out, rather than relying on a source archive, as you
can use SVN update to pick up any changes.

> 2. How to take up new issues?. I understand that BugZilla is used here to do
> issue management, but I am not clear how to take up an issue.

Fix the code in your local copy. Remember to update any test cases or
create new ones, and fix any relevant documentation. E.g. if you add a
new field to a GUI, create an updated screenshot (^G) and make sure
the image sizes are updated in component_reference.xml

When the code passes all the test cases (not just the new ones),
create a unified diff of the changes and attach it to the Bugzilla
issue.

Do not attach complete source files unless they are new; make sure any
new source files have the AL2.0 header in them.