Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Malic <Al...@workflow.at> on 2005/07/13 19:04:18 UTC

Scripts loaded via cocoon.load not refreshing on page reload

Hi there,

I was trying to outsource flowscripts into seperate files and load them
into my main flowscript via cocoon.load('./path/filename.js');.
now i'm experiencing some problems:

here's what i'm experiencing:
- when i make changes into the external js-file (loaded via cocoon.load)
the changes have no effect. so i have to restart the whole webserver to
see my changes
- i want to access some global variables defined in the main flowscript
from a script loaded via cocoon.load. when just restarting the
webapplication i get some errors till i restart the whole webserver.

now my questions:
- does cocoon cache the js files loades via cocoon.load?
- if yes, is it possible to disable this cache?

thanx in advance for any help,
alexander malic

Re: Scripts loaded via cocoon.load not refreshing on page reload

Posted by Victoria Vitaver <vi...@tt.com.au>.
Alexander Malic wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I was trying to outsource flowscripts into seperate files and load them
> into my main flowscript via cocoon.load('./path/filename.js');.
> now i'm experiencing some problems:
>
> *here's what i'm experiencing:*
> - when i make changes into the external js-file (loaded via cocoon.load)
> the changes have no effect. so i have to restart the whole webserver to
> see my changes
> - i want to access some global variables defined in the main flowscript
> from a script loaded via cocoon.load. when just restarting the
> webapplication i get some errors till i restart the whole webserver.
>
> *now my questions:*
> - does cocoon cache the js files loades via cocoon.load?
> - if yes, is it possible to disable this cache?

Taking a stab at it ... have you made sure that your actual pipeline is the non caching type?

I'm not sure whether this would be the solution, but its probably worth a shot.

vica