Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com> on 2013/05/17 22:30:26 UTC

3.0.x->4.1 DB upgrade: missing table for Netscaler

Hi Murali,

I found that the table "netscaler_pod_ref" (introduced with your checkin
3b1aca19) is missing on the upgraded setups. The table was introduced in
40, but it never was a part of 302->40 db upgrade. So for customers
upgrading to 4.1 from 3.0.x, this table will be missed.

Could you please take a look in case I've missed the upgrade file where
this table is present. Otherwise, it has to become a part of 40->41
upgrade as the code for the feature is present in 4.1 branch.

-Alena.

Re: 3.0.x->4.1 DB upgrade: missing table for Netscaler

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 01:53:00PM +0000, Murali Reddy wrote:
> On 20/05/13 7:08 PM, "Chip Childers" <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 08:30:26PM +0000, Alena Prokharchyk wrote:
> >> Hi Murali,
> >>
> >> I found that the table "netscaler_pod_ref" (introduced with your checkin
> >> 3b1aca19) is missing on the upgraded setups. The table was introduced in
> >> 40, but it never was a part of 302->40 db upgrade. So for customers
> >> upgrading to 4.1 from 3.0.x, this table will be missed.
> >>
> >> Could you please take a look in case I've missed the upgrade file where
> >> this table is present. Otherwise, it has to become a part of 40->41
> >> upgrade as the code for the feature is present in 4.1 branch.
> >>
> >> -Alena.
> >>

> >Murali,
> >
> >Any update on this?
> >
> >-chip
> >

> Code and schema corresponding to commit 3b1aca19 is not in use, so does
> not affect any functionality for 4.1. Unless there are concerns I will
> skip fixing it for 4.1. I opened CLOUDSTACK-2587 to either fix the DB
> upgrade or pull out unused code for 4.2.
>
> Thanks Alena for pointing at missing upgrade.

Thanks!

Re: 3.0.x->4.1 DB upgrade: missing table for Netscaler

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.
On 5/20/13 6:53 AM, "Murali Reddy" <Mu...@citrix.com> wrote:

>On 20/05/13 7:08 PM, "Chip Childers" <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 08:30:26PM +0000, Alena Prokharchyk wrote:
>>> Hi Murali,
>>>
>>> I found that the table "netscaler_pod_ref" (introduced with your
>>>checkin
>>> 3b1aca19) is missing on the upgraded setups. The table was introduced
>>>in
>>> 40, but it never was a part of 302->40 db upgrade. So for customers
>>> upgrading to 4.1 from 3.0.x, this table will be missed.
>>>
>>> Could you please take a look in case I've missed the upgrade file where
>>> this table is present. Otherwise, it has to become a part of 40->41
>>> upgrade as the code for the feature is present in 4.1 branch.
>>>
>>> -Alena.
>>>

>>Murali,
>>
>>Any update on this?
>>
>>-chip
>>

>Code and schema corresponding to commit 3b1aca19 is not in use, so does
>not affect any functionality for 4.1. Unless there are concerns I will
>skip fixing it for 4.1. I opened CLOUDSTACK-2587 to either fix the DB
>upgrade or pull out unused code for 4.2.
>
>Thanks Alena for pointing at missing upgrade.

Murali, thanks for opening the ticket. I would rather fix the DB upgrade
till we decide to pull out the code. QA will start doing DB upgrade
testing, and the missing table would trigger an unnecessary hustle.

Posted by Murali Reddy <Mu...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 08:30:26PM +0000, Alena Prokharchyk wrote:
> Hi Murali,
>
> I found that the table "netscaler_pod_ref" (introduced with your checkin
> 3b1aca19) is missing on the upgraded setups. The table was introduced in
> 40, but it never was a part of 302->40 db upgrade. So for customers
> upgrading to 4.1 from 3.0.x, this table will be missed.
>
> Could you please take a look in case I've missed the upgrade file where
> this table is present. Otherwise, it has to become a part of 40->41
> upgrade as the code for the feature is present in 4.1 branch.
>
> -Alena.

Murali,

Any update on this?

-chip