Posted to dev@diversity.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2020/02/02 18:36:37 UTC

Outreachy internship with Apache Camel

Hi,
I've met a perfect candidate at FOSDEM, she's a 1st year student of
color that got intrigued by Apache Camel at the Camel stand and asked
if we do internships. I provided my contact information and asked her
to reach out to start discussing what can she help with.

When she contacts me and we hash some project ideas out, what would be
the next step? I understand that I need to coordinate with
dev@diversity. I assumed I do not submit the project at Outreachy
before that?

Did I get that right?

I would also appreciate any help in drafting the project submission to
get the best chance at getting accepted.

Thanks :)

zoran
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Outreachy internship with Apache Camel

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
Hi Zoran,

There has not been a new general announcement with instructions, as far as
I know. There probably should be, but I may be missing some information. I
just started thread on this list about it to ask.

In the meantime, here is the announcement from the first round:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8550154894313dd2aa344c6dade6348e04e6a77d9f45ae9b41e4f3e9%40%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E

I think most of the instructions are easily adapted, just changing some
URLs and the Jira tag, etc.

Kenn

Posted by Katia Rojas <ka...@apache.org>.
Sorry, I didn't put the link, here it is:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewrecentblogposts.action?key=EDI

Thanks

Posted by Katia Rojas <ka...@apache.org>.
Hi Zoran,