Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Vijay Sachdeva <vi...@indiqus.com> on 2017/04/17 04:23:22 UTC

Cloudstack VR does not resolve to DNS queries

Dear Team,

VR been created while creating a VPC, VR is not able to resolve any DNS queries made directly from VR itself. While I am able to reach 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.2 but while querying DNS services it says connection timed out.

Any suggestions why?

Vijay Sachdeva
Consultant - Cloud & Virtualisation

A-98, LGF, C.R.Park, New Delhi - 110019
24x7 011-40551409 | M +918826699409
www.indiqus.com

Re: Cloudstack VR does not resolve to DNS queries

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@apache.org>.
Vivek,

Can you confirmed the mapping if nic on the VR:
eth0  for cloud_link_local
eth1 for public traffic
eth2+ private networks

Also make sure their are properly mapped on xenserver, if you have a
network connectivity issue it could be related to the mapping  between
networks in XenServer and Labels in CloudStack at the zone definition.

from the VR can you ping 8.8.8.8 ? can you get an answer for  "dig yahoo.com
@8.8.8.8" ?

Does the VPC use custom ACL's ?

Cheers,

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com>.
Hello Simon,

Thanks for the comment, i have tried to modify my cs_ip.py , but after
reboot my router still  no luck, it stops working, i tried to paste these
lines in my cs.ip.py. Correct me if there is another way to patch this
because i never tried to patch these codes before.

what i have replaced with original:
https://github.com/myENA/cloudstack/blob/82a9aa0c18559026e20644ba32fa1aeb97f2b6a6/systemvm/patches/debian/config/opt/cloud/bin/cs_ip.py

 any idea ?

*Vivek Kumar*
Virtualization and Cloud Consultant

[image: http://www.indiqus.com/images/logo.jpg]  <http://www.indiqus.com/>
*I*ndi*Q*us Technologies Pvt Ltd
A-98, LGF, C.R.Park, New Delhi - 110019
*O* +91 11 4055 1409 ( 24*7 Support HelpLine )| *M* +91 7503460090

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com>.
Hello Simon,

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D11715.475A5730]