Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by André Ferraz <de...@terra.com.br> on 2010/04/07 05:10:54 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache serving static content with the uid of the owner of the file with mpm-prefork

Hi list,
     i'm using a mpm-prefork with a lot of virtualhosts created, splited
between 200-500 different uids (different users), i need some way to
make Apache change its uid to the user to send that static content to
the client that requested that file.
     I saw that mpm-itk can do what i want, but i can't change to
another mpm type, just studied a little about apache module development
, dunno if its possible to solve this in the module level.
      Anyone had the same problem ? There is some way to make this
behaviour on mpm-prefork ?

Thanks in Advance !

Re: [users@httpd] Apache serving static content with the uid of the owner of the file with mpm-prefork

Posted by Nilesh Govindarajan <li...@itech7.com>.
On 04/07/10 08:40, André Ferraz wrote:
> Hi list,
>       i'm using a mpm-prefork with a lot of virtualhosts created, splited
> between 200-500 different uids (different users), i need some way to
> make Apache change its uid to the user to send that static content to
> the client that requested that file.
>       I saw that mpm-itk can do what i want, but i can't change to
> another mpm type, just studied a little about apache module development
> , dunno if its possible to solve this in the module level.
>        Anyone had the same problem ? There is some way to make this
> behaviour on mpm-prefork ?
>

> Thanks in Advance !

Write a fcgi script to serve the files and use suexec to switch the user
ids.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator