Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Airsay Longcon <ai...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/01 09:32:14 UTC

Re: Let's prepare for 1.5.0...

Also +1 for a 3 months cycle. And dragging back the conversation to what we would.like to see in 1.5.0. And I'm going to be selfish here
1) We should be able to archive saving products like we have for loan products. When a product is no longer offered by the FI, we should be able to mark that product as archived so that no new accounts can be created for that product.
2) Simple Interest. While not widely used across FI, there are some clients that don't compound interest (I have at least two clients with negotiations on going with one). I've seen in the code-base that there were plans for simple interest. I would like to see this in future releases.
3) "Anniversary" Interest posting period. So again some clients don't necessarily post interest on the last day of the week, or month or quarter. What they do is post interest on the "anniversary" date. So for a savings account opened on the 1st of the month, interest is posted on the first of the month for monthly interests. Those opened say on the 29th are posted on the 29th (or the last day of the month if that month doesn't have 29 days like February). A similar thing is done for quarterly or bi-annual postings.

If there's any confusion I can clarify

Re: Let's prepare for 1.5.0...

Posted by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com>.
Could you create Jira tickets for these and label them for version 1.5.0?
That way this stuff stays on the radar... thanks