Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Timothy Bish <ti...@sensis.com> on 2007/09/05 15:36:11 UTC

Re: ActiveMQ CMS - Unhandled exception during session close after a Transport exception

Sounds like it could be a bug.

The best thing to do is to create an issue in Jira:
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQCPP

Describe the problem and the expected behavior.  Same sample code that
demonstrates the problem is appreciated along with as much information
on reproducing it as possible.

What version of the Library are you using?

Posted by numpty <ro...@gmail.com>.

tabish121 wrote:

> Sounds like it could be a bug.
>
> The best thing to do is to create an issue in Jira:
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQCPP
>
> Describe the problem and the expected behavior.  Same sample code that
> demonstrates the problem is appreciated along with as much information
> on reproducing it as possible.
>
> What version of the Library are you using?
>

> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 06:26 -0700, numpty wrote:
>> Does anyone have any advice on how to cleanly close a session when comms
>> to a
>> broker is broken?
>>
>> After the comms have been broken (shutting down the broker is an easy way
>> reproduce) and the producer attempts to send a message a Transport IO
>> exception is raised but after this point the session cannot be cleanly
>> closed. The sessions closed flag indicates it is not already closed. The
>> problem seems to be mainly in the BufferedOutputStream - this objects
>> "close" method is called but after this the same objects "flush" method
>> is
>> called resulting in attempts to access deleted memory. I'm presuming it
>> is
>> attempting to send cached data after the stream has been closed.

Thanks for the fast response. It is ActiveMQ-CPP 2.1