Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by je...@brel.com on 2001/09/06 18:23:30 UTC

C2 & Turbine> sequencing & elements in a hierarchy...

Dear C2 and Turbine users

We are using Cocoon 2 & Turbine to build a content mgmt tool. In the admin
user/content publisher tool, we need to cater for the following hierarchical
structures.

root---folder1-------index.xml
     +
     +-folder2-------index.xml
     +
     +-folder3-------index.xml
     +           +
     +           +---page1.xml
     +           +
     +           +---page2.xml
     +
     +-folder4-------index.htm

Currently, we have a system to keep track of the hierarchy, by number them as
1.1, 1.2, 1.1.1, etc. However, when the system begins to have thousand of pages
and folders, it has began to be inefficient.

When the publisher need to insert a new folder in between the folder 2 & 3, how
do we cater for the system? Similarly, when the user wants to insert a new web
page between the page 1 & 2.

The question here is, is there a good method to use to keep the information of
the entire hierarchy and at the same time able to allow insertion of new
elements between, as well as deletion & modification?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards
Jessica