Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Claudio Query <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/13 16:38:56 UTC

Maven & Axis2 plugin - different stub code generation

Hi,
I'm using *Maven 3.0.4* and *Axis2 1.5.1* plugin. I've a problem with the
generation of a stub class using AXIS2 plugin on Maven.

Depending on the JDK currently configured on the build environment, AXIS2
plugin generates a different stub class source code. I've tried the
generation using *JDK 1.6* and then *JDK 1.7*.

There is a way to "force" the JDK (i.e. 1.6) used by the AXIS2 plugin inside
Maven (without changing environment)? (I would like to have a code
generation independent from the environment)

Please, someone can help me?

Re: Maven & Axis2 plugin - different stub code generation

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I don't think the axis2 plugin had tool chains support yet. Somebody might
> need to add it ;-)

Someone who cares enough will have to dig thru the diff from
AbstractCompilerMojo v2.1 and 2.0.2 and extract the Toolchains
support, and apply it to Axis2 plugin. ;-)

http://grepcode.com/file_/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/2.1/org/apache/maven/plugin/AbstractCompilerMojo.java/?v=diff&id2=2.0.2

Claudio, if you really *require* this type of functionality, you may
have to do this work yourself. Otherwise ask Axis2 devs if someone
will volunteer to do it.

Wayne

Re: Maven & Axis2 plugin - different stub code generation

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> There is a way to "force" the JDK (i.e. 1.6) used by the AXIS2 plugin inside
> Maven (without changing environment)? (I would like to have a code
> generation independent from the environment)

Sounds like you need to use toolchains:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-toolchains.html

But I can't really tell a lot more about it than that, as I have very
little experience in this area myself.

I imagine you could also use enforcer to fail the build if JDK <> 1.6
is detected.

Wayne