Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/12/11 06:02:58 UTC

status of release of 2.3.1 - almost done

The Maven artifacts are up on Maven central, and the source/binary artifacts and
the Eclipse update site are on the apache.org/dist/uima spot.

The web-site is mostly updated in my working copy.  I'm waiting on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3284 which Gav said he would take
care of.  This will allow us to use the Apache infrastructure resources more
efficiently.

This arose out of a discussion on the Infrastructure list.  Up till now, each
release has been putting about 30 MB of generated documentation (Javadocs, and
our docbook-generated html and pdfs) into SVN (at the
site/uima-website/docs/downloads/releaseDocs spot), and the web-site publishing
pushes these to our website, where they become part of what's available on our
website.

After this change, there will be two directories we can use on
people.a.o/www/uima.apache.org; one will be populated automatically by SVN
changes in the uima-website/docs SVN spot, and the other by other operations we
do manually (or automate at some point).  This later approach will allow us to
host the 30 MB of generated docs without putting them into SVN.

I checked some other Apache projects, and found that some also have generated
docs on their website, and not in their SVN, although we may be the first to
have both svnpubsub setup with this other approach as well.

-Marshall

Re: status of release of 2.3.1 - almost done

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Over the weekend, Gavin did the work on

So, I'll now proceed with finishing the web-site updates, following a new
protocol of putting large generated things (javadocs, and our docbook-generated
books) directly onto the website, without going thru SVN.

-Marshall