Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Scott Alcaide <sa...@vmware.com> on 2012/11/16 20:23:59 UTC

Re: Client with HTablePool can't connect after server restart

Any update on this? We encountered this on a production cluster. Did the
zookeeper bug ever get filed or fixed?

Re: Client with HTablePool can't connect after server restart

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Scott Alcaide <sa...@vmware.com> wrote:
>> Any update on this? We encountered this on a production cluster. Did the
>> zookeeper bug ever get filed or fixed?
>>

> If hbase is not managing ZK, and it gets restarted, the client will
> ride over the zk restart fine.
>
> If cluster is restarted under a client, I've not tried that in a
> while.  Anyone else know if client will just ride over it?

Should be easy to test.  Open shell, connect to cluster and do some
operations, restart cluster and see if shell keeps going.
St.Ack

Re: Client with HTablePool can't connect after server restart

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.