Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matt Kuiper <ma...@issinc.com> on 2014/05/27 18:41:48 UTC

SolrCloud zkcli

Hello,

I am using ZkCLI -cmd upconfig with a reload of each Solr node to update my solrconfig within my SolrCloud.  I noticed the linkconfig option at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Command+Line+Utilities, and do not quite understand where this option is designed to be used.

Can anyone clarify for me?

Thanks,
Matt

RE: SolrCloud zkcli

Posted by Matt Kuiper <ma...@issinc.com>.
Great, thanks

Matt

On 5/27/2014 10:41 AM, Matt Kuiper wrote:
> I am using ZkCLI -cmd upconfig with a reload of each Solr node to update my solrconfig within my SolrCloud.  I noticed the linkconfig option at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Command+Line+Utilities, and do not quite understand where this option is designed to be used.

If you use linkconfig with a collection that does not exist, you end up with a collection *stub* in zookeeper that just contains the configName.  At that point you can create the collection manually with CoreAdmin or automatically with the Collection Admin, and I would expect that with the latter, you'd be able to leave out the collection.configName parameter.

If you use linkconfig with a collection that already exists, you can change which configName is linked to that collection.  This is an easy way to swap in a dev config on an existing collection.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: SolrCloud zkcli

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.