Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2009/09/11 05:56:46 UTC

t5: Snow Leopard upgrade?

Hi,

Snow Leopard comes with 64 bit java 6, programs compiled under that
compatible with Tapestry 5 binary from the apache site? Thanks,

Angelo

Re: t5: Snow Leopard upgrade?

Posted by Sebastian Hennebrueder <us...@laliluna.de>.
Hello,

Leopard has Java 64 bit as well. If I open programs -> service programs
(name might be different, I translated the name) -> Java,
I can see Java 6 - 64 bit, 6 - 32 bit, 5 - 64 bit, 5 - 32 bit, 1.4 - 32 bit

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de

Re: t5: Snow Leopard upgrade?

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.

Re: t5: Snow Leopard upgrade?

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com>.
I have noticed that Tapestry has stabalized in this regards, so with a relatively new version of Javassist (3.8 onwards) Tapestry will work fine and without any workarounds (that I am aware of), the workarounds applied to older versions... I have been running on Java 6 (even in production) since the early 5.0 snapshots, and currently on Ubuntu 64 with bit JDK 6.

Kind regards,
Peter

> Hard to say; there's been some issues with Javassist and Java 6 not meshing
> together very well.

I'm under java 6 from some time now and didn't have any issues till now...

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: t5: Snow Leopard upgrade?

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: t5: Snow Leopard upgrade?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Hard to say; there's been some issues with Javassist and Java 6 not meshing
together very well.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Snow Leopard comes with 64 bit java 6, programs compiled under that
> compatible with Tapestry 5 binary from the apache site? Thanks,
>
> Angelo

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn