Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Bruno Stuessi <br...@dplanet.ch> on 2000/02/09 15:44:28 UTC

Bug in Element.getAttribute()?

Element.getAttribute(String name) in Xerces 1.0.1 requires that name is
provided
case-sensitive ie as it it saved in th e XML file, but I think that the
implementation should
be NOT case-sensitive!

Re: Bug in Element.getAttribute()?

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
XML is, in general, case-sensitive.

See the excellent comments in the Annotated spec on this topic (excerpted here):

	http://www.xml.com/axml/notes/CaseSensitive.html

The whole annotated spec (which I encourage everybody to read) is at:

	http://www.xml.com/axml/axml.html

In the DOM spec, check out the section 1.1.6 on "Case sensitivity in the DOM":

	http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1/level-one-core.html

Mike