Posted to announce@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2001/12/05 09:28:29 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Embperl 1.3.4

The URL

    ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/embperl/HTML-Embperl-1.3.4.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/G/GR/GRICHTER/HTML-Embperl-1.3.4.tar.gz
  size: 356286 bytes
   md5: 1cfa47da50fd42c9d6cb5dc79ee73326

This is mainly a maintaince release with a few new features. I expect it to
be the last release of the 1.x series. All further development is made in
the 2.0 versions. The extented session support I have planed for this
release is also moved to the 2.0 development branch, altough there are some
enhancement in session management already build in.

Embperl is a system for building dynamic websites with Perl.
It gives you the power to embed Perl code in your HTML documents
and the ability to build your Web site out of small reusable objects in
an object-oriented style. You can also take advantage of all the
usual Perl modules, (including DBI for database access) use their
functionality and easily include their output in your web pages.

Embperl has several features which are especially useful for creating
HTML, including dynamic tables, form field processing, URL
escaping/unescaping, session handling, and more.

See http://perl.apache.org/embperl/ (english) or
http://www.ecos.de/embperl/ (german) for more information.

Changes since 1.3.3:

   - Added method $r -> Espace for html & url escaping
   - URL escpage # to %23
   - use Content-Lenght HTTP Header instead of $ENV{CONTENT_LENGTH}
     when running under mod_perl and win32. This fixes a bug
     with POSTed data reported by Lukas Zapletal.
   - Display correct Apache module name in Makefile.PL when
     requesting path for Apache module. Patch from James Lee.
   - New session handling using Apache::SessionX. (This also
     fixes problem with MD5 and Perl 5.6.1)
   - Fixed a bug that cause file-uploads to fail for the first
     request to a file when running under EmbperlObject. Reported
     by Thoren Johne.
   - Added possibilities to add the session id as argument to any URL,
     instead of using cookies.
   - Added new hash %sdat which holds temporary sessins data.
   - Added options optAddUserSessionToLinks, optAddStatusSessionToLinks
     and optNoSessionCookies to control how the session id is passed.
   - Make sure the HTML::Embperl::Mail generates correct line endings
   - If Perl's STDOUT and/or STDIN are tied to any package, Embperl now
     calls the Perl methods PRINT and READ for doing I/O. This currently
     only works, when not running under mod_perl.
   - Embperl can now run under FastCGI. Use embpfastcgi.pl instead of
     embpcgi.pl.
   - Delete unnecessary PerlFixupHandler from httpd.conf.src for make test.
     Reported by David Merberg.
   - Add undef to %idat for select tag with nothing selected if
     optAllFormdata is set.
   - Cleanup of DBIx::Recordset objects now honors the setting in %CLEANUP.
     Problem reported by Kee Hinckley.
   - Embperl can now use encrypted sourcefiles. See crypto/README for
     details.
   - Embperl can now be installed as Apache and non Apache version on the
     same system. This is neccessary to work on Windows in- and outside of
     Apache.
   - Fixed a linkage problem with symbol embperl_module, first reported
     by GustavKristoffer Ek.
   - error message now always contain a filename.
   - Added optShowBacktrace to enable backtrace of filename in error
messages
   - Removed obsolete debug flags dbgDisableCache, dbgWatchScalar,
     dbgEarlyHttpHeader
   - Fixed problem with changeing to page directory on win32. Reported by
     Hans de Groot.
   - Fixed problems with mod_perl environement handling with ActiveState
Perl
     on win32.

Re: ANNOUNCE: Embperl 1.3.4

Posted by Robert <ro...@robert.cz>.
Robert wrote:

> Gerald Richter wrote:
> >

> > > "xxx.html?[+ \%fdat +]" stopped to work (it worked in recent CVS version
> > > and 1.3.3), now one has to write strictly "xxx.html?[+ scalar { %fdat }
> > > +]". I guess it's OK, I just wanted people to know.
> > >

> > There aren't any changes in this area that I am aware of, "xxx.html?[+
> > \%fdat +]" always made problems, depending on your setting of optRawInput,
> > because %fd is a valid url escape sequence. If optRawInput isn't set \\%fdat
> > should work.
>
> That would mean EMBPERL_OPTIONS are somehow ignored... I discovered
> another problem that would correspond to that. But
> I've just copied my old EMBPERL_OPTIONS... need to look at it closer.

No wonder EMBEPRL_OPTIONS are ignored... without typos everything
generally works much better :-( Sorry for bother.

- Robert

Re: ANNOUNCE: Embperl 1.3.4

Posted by Robert <ro...@robert.cz>.

Re: ANNOUNCE: Embperl 1.3.4

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> "xxx.html?[+ \%fdat +]" stopped to work (it worked in recent CVS version
> and 1.3.3), now one has to write strictly "xxx.html?[+ scalar { %fdat }
> +]". I guess it's OK, I just wanted people to know.

There aren't any changes in this area that I am aware of, "xxx.html?[+
\%fdat +]" always made problems, depending on your setting of optRawInput,
because %fd is a valid url escape sequence. If optRawInput isn't set \\%fdat
should work.

Gerald

Re: ANNOUNCE: Embperl 1.3.4

Posted by Robert <ro...@robert.cz>.