Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Alan Mock <do...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/30 22:51:24 UTC

View Creation Failure

I have a database with about 170000 documents and I'm trying to create a view
on.  When I do so either by using curl or from CouchDB's web interface it
fails with either

{os_process_error,{exit_status,137}}

or

{timeout_value,[{couch_os_process,readline,2},
                   {couch_os_process,readjson,1},
                   {couch_os_process,handle_call,3},
                   {gen_server,handle_msg,5},
                   {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

If I try to access the view again it starts over, so the view index creation
never finishes.  Is there some way to force the creation of the view index?

Thanks,
Alan

Re: View Creation Failure

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:47 PM, Alan Mock <do...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It turns out that there is something wrong with my CouchDB installation.  I
> switched to using a different server and didn't run the test suite before I
> tried this.  Almost all of the tests fail so I'll try to fix that before I
> look into this specific error any more. My view is just "function(doc) {
> emit(doc.path, doc.hash)}" and I'm using CouchDB 0.10.1 on OpenSolaris
> snv_111b.

If you come up with anything fixing the install, let us know.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Anderson