Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by anushri kumar <an...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/19 22:48:22 UTC

Modify existing Indexes

Hi,

I'm new to lucene. I am working on an application that searches HTML, pdf, txt and word documents. I wanted to know how to overwrite the indexes for a document which has been modified.  Should I overwrite that file, delete all the existing indexes and reindex all the files in the dirctory or is there a way to reindex only that particular file.

Also I wanted to know, to index different kind of files for example in my case HTML,pdf,TXT and word docs do I need to write different indexing programs or can I use the same indexing program.

Thanks in advance.
Anushri

---------------------------------

Re: Modify existing Indexes

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Le 20 oct. 05, à 05:17, anushri kumar a écrit :
> Thanks for the advice..the book looks good..hopefully it will be of
> help.

One particularly helpful feature for impatient people like me is this
note that I saw on lucenebook.com: if you order by Manning, you get the
eBook.
The eBook is a simple PDF (watermarked) which you get as soon as you
made the order... the hopefully will not wait for a looong amazone
delay.

paul

Re: Modify existing Indexes

Posted by anushri kumar <an...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the advice..the book looks good..hopefully it will be of help.

Anushri

Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Anushri,

Save yourself some time by using the code from Lucene in Action -
http://lucenebook.com/ . The code is free, and people say the book is
not bad...

Otis

Re: Modify existing Indexes