Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "engy.morsy" <en...@bibalex.org> on 2013/10/29 14:54:45 UTC

Can not find solr core on admin page after setup

Hi,

I setup solr4.2 under apache tomcat on windows m/c. I created solr.xml under
catalina/localhost that holds the solr/home path, I have only one core, so
the solr.xml under the solr instance looks like:

<cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="core0" >
    <core name="core0" instanceDir="core0" />
<cores>

after starting the apache service, I did not find the core on the admin
page. I checked the logs but no errors were found. I checked that the data
folder was created successfully. I am not even able to access the core
directly.Any idea !!

Thanks
Engy

Re: Can not find solr core on admin page after setup

Posted by "engy.morsy" <en...@bibalex.org>.
Hi Bayu ,

I did that but for solr 4.2, the catalaina.out has no exceptions at all.

Thanks

Re: Can not find solr core on admin page after setup

Posted by Bayu Widyasanyata <bw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Engy,

Have you copy solr's war (e.g. solr-4.5.1.war, for latest Solr
distribution) from Solr source distribution to Tomcat's webapps directory
(rename to solr.war on webapps dir.)?

After put that file and restarted the Tomcat, it will create 'solr' folder
under webapps.

Or, if you still found no Admin page, pls check Tomcat log (catalina.out).

Thanks.-

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 8:54 PM, engy.morsy <en...@bibalex.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I setup solr4.2 under apache tomcat on windows m/c. I created solr.xml
> under
> catalina/localhost that holds the solr/home path, I have only one core, so
> the solr.xml under the solr instance looks like:
>
> <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="core0" >
>     <core name="core0" instanceDir="core0" />
> <cores>
>
> after starting the apache service, I did not find the core on the admin
> page. I checked the logs but no errors were found. I checked that the data
> folder was created successfully. I am not even able to access the core
> directly.Any idea !!
>
> Thanks
> Engy

wassalam,
[bayu]

Re: Can not find solr core on admin page after setup

Posted by "engy.morsy" <en...@bibalex.org>.
yes, I do. I installed the solr example instance.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Do you have your schema etc in the insanceDir?

Best,
Erick