Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Alan Chaney <al...@mechnicality.com> on 2012/04/11 01:35:16 UTC

Problem with build of 0.90.5

Hi

I installed maven (maven2.2), downloaded the
/home/ajc/Downloads/hbase-0.90.5.tar.gz, decompressed and within the
root dir ran:

  mvn -DskipTests package

... and got:
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building HBase
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[INFO]
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/~rawson/repo//asm/asm/3.1/asm-3.1.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'asm:asm:pom:3.1' in repository
temp-thrift (http://people.apache.org/~rawson/repo/)
Downloading: http://download.java.net/maven/2//asm/asm/3.1/asm-3.1.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'asm:asm:pom:3.1' in repository java.net
(http://download.java.net/maven/2/)
Downloading: http://repository.codehaus.org//asm/asm/3.1/asm-3.1.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'asm:asm:pom:3.1' in repository codehaus
(http://repository.codehaus.org/)
Downloading:
http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish/asm/asm/3.1/asm-3.1.pom
185b downloaded  (asm-3.1.pom)
[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Checksum failed on download: local =
'6c9fd3d150b8a5f0ca676f49b8ed603793cabebb'; remote = '<html>
<head><title>301' - RETRYING
Downloading:
http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish/asm/asm/3.1/asm-3.1.pom
185b downloaded  (asm-3.1.pom)
[WARNING] *** CHECKSUM FAILED - Checksum failed on download: local =
'6c9fd3d150b8a5f0ca676f49b8ed603793cabebb'; remote = '<html>
<head><title>301' - IGNORING
[WARNING] POM for 'asm:asm:pom:3.1:compile' is invalid.

So I went to
http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish/asm/asm/3.1/asm-3.1.pom
which gets redirected to:
https://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish/asm/asm/3.1/asm-3.1.jar

and a certificate failure - and since 301 is a redirect it looks to me
like its being redirected from http: --> https: and maven is failing to
follow the redirect successfully.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Alan

Tried

Re: Problem with build of 0.90.5

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Alan Chaney <al...@mechnicality.com> wrote:
> I tried mvn3 and it made no difference. The problem appears to be that none
> of the three locations referenced in the 0.90.5 build actually have asm3.1
> anymore. The last location simply returned a brief "moved permanently"
> message for both the jar and the pom. To get around it I went and found a
> version of asm 3.1 in http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/asm/asm/3.1 and
> copied the jar and the pom into the appropriate place. That seems to build
> OK. I suspect that many people won't encounter this problem because they've
> picked up an asm from some other project and it just happens to be in their
> local repo, but I'm building a new system from scratch.

Sounds right.  Thanks for figuring it.  Do you have a suggested patch
for our pom?

Thanks,
St.Ack

Re: Problem with build of 0.90.5

Posted by Alan Chaney <al...@mechnicality.com>.
On 04/10/2012 08:59 PM, Stack wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Alan Chaney<al...@mechnicality.com>  wrote:
>> I installed maven (maven2.2), downloaded the
>> /home/ajc/Downloads/hbase-0.90.5.tar.gz, decompressed and within the root
>>
> Try mvn3.  I had same issue and using mvn3 it downloaded an asm fine.
> St.Ack
I tried mvn3 and it made no difference. The problem appears to be that
none of the three locations referenced in the 0.90.5 build actually have
asm3.1 anymore. The last location simply returned a brief "moved
permanently" message for both the jar and the pom. To get around it I
went and found a version of asm 3.1 in
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/asm/asm/3.1 and copied the jar and the
pom into the appropriate place. That seems to build OK. I suspect that
many people won't encounter this problem because they've picked up an
asm from some other project and it just happens to be in their local
repo, but I'm building a new system from scratch.

In summary, the dependencies in the above release can't be fulfilled.
I'll be trying a bit later with a newer release and I'll zap my repo
beforehand to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks

Alan

Re: Problem with build of 0.90.5

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.