Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Galbreath, Mark" <Ga...@tessco.com> on 2002/09/11 13:42:59 UTC

RE: [ALT-TECH] Apple Web Objects

.NET is a framework, not a programming language, and you can use Java to
develop within it (albeit JDK 1.1 at this time).  In fact, it will not be
long before you can use any language to develop within it, and look for a
Linux version in the near future.

<dating-myself>I taught myself C on a Mac Plus (which I personally upgraded
from a "Fat Mac") using Symantec's Think C 5.0</dating-myself>, but I've
lost touch with Apple technology over the years (though I've bought my kids
IMacs and I still have a MacIIsi and Centris 610), but I'm sure it's worth
investigating.

Mark

Posted by John Nicholas <ja...@mobosplash.com>.

WebObjects comes with OpenEJB (http://openejb.sourceforge.net/)

from the apple site - "Supports J2EE technologies including an Object
Request Broker (ORB) and an Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) container"

also " Lets you access the WebObjects page generation and automated data
access capabilities via Java Server Pages (JSPs) or Servlets" so I don't
think you have to throw away your servlets and jsps though I think it
has it's own templating approach that  is more like tapestry's approach
than struts.

Re: [OT][ALT-TECH] Apple Web Objects

Posted by Bryan Hilterbrand <Br...@bullwinkle.net>.
Next we'll be talking about teletypes and punched paper tape.  Ahhh, the
good, old days.

Bryan

P.S. My first computer was an Apple ][+ (you have to use the brackets...),
and it saw me through the latter half of high school and college.  I bought
a daisywheel printer, and my teachers were in awe of my "typing abilities."