Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Galen O'Sullivan <go...@pivotal.io> on 2018/05/17 00:06:15 UTC

Value Serialization Proposal for the New Client Protocol

Hi all,

Some of my colleagues and myself have been working for a while on value
serialization for the new client protocol. I've put up a proposal for
how a client would register types. We would love to get some feedback
from the community on this serialization format. It's not totally
fleshed out, so if there are details you can think of that we might have
missed or any other feedback you can give, I would love to hear it!

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Protobuf+Value+Encoding+Scheme+Proposal

Thanks,

Galen O'Sullivan

Re: Value Serialization Proposal for the New Client Protocol

Posted by Galen O'Sullivan <go...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Dan,

That's a good question. In the simplest implementation, we would remove
and not support JSON, but I suspect that JSON may be very useful for
users of, say, Node, or just for easier client implementation. In which
case we should keep it.

Galen

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Galen,