Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by Wojciech Kocjan <wo...@kocjan.org> on 2001/02/10 17:03:52 UTC

benchmarks

Hello.

I've been doing some benchmarks of my own - php4 (4.0.3pl1-0potato1.1),
mod_dtcl (0.8.12) and cgi written in c. The tests are very simple for
now, but show something which is interesting

try this address: http://tcl.zoro2.org/ab.html

It doesn't have the sources yet. Also I'll try to benchmark some mysql
queries and other stuff which I use very often...

I'll try the newest mod_dtcl and my new hardware (duron700+320mb ram).
I'll also leave the tests overnight with some more requests (these were
made with -n400 AFAIR).

The most interesting part is c+dtcl - I wrote a small library loaded at
GlobalInit which had most of these tests rewritten and linked using SWIG
(btw it would be nice if someone would rewrite SWIG to use tcl's Utf
features or write something similar but smaller).

--
Wojciech Kocjan
email: wojciech@kocjan.org

Re: benchmarks

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@apache.org>.
Wojciech Kocjan <wo...@kocjan.org> writes:

> I've been doing some benchmarks of my own - php4 (4.0.3pl1-0potato1.1),
> mod_dtcl (0.8.12) and cgi written in c. The tests are very simple for
> now, but show something which is interesting
>
> try this address: http://tcl.zoro2.org/ab.html

Interesting...  It's odd that the C CGI's are so fast, I wouldn't have
thought that at all.

> It doesn't have the sources yet. Also I'll try to benchmark some
> mysql queries and other stuff which I use very often...

> I'll try the newest mod_dtcl and my new hardware (duron700+320mb
> ram).  I'll also leave the tests overnight with some more requests
> (these were made with -n400 AFAIR).

> The most interesting part is c+dtcl - I wrote a small library loaded
> at GlobalInit which had most of these tests rewritten and linked
> using SWIG (btw it would be nice if someone would rewrite SWIG to
> use tcl's Utf features or write something similar but smaller).

I looked at SWIG once - it looks positively strange and uses some
wierd stuff.

Thanks!
--
David N. Welton