Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "Ding, Hui" <hu...@sap.com> on 2009/01/10 02:41:45 UTC

What method removes a region from Meta table?

Hi,

I'm trying to understand some internals of Hbase, e.g., how a region
gets deleted.
Looking at the code, my understanding is that this is done via a
TableDelete which calls the Hregion.RemoveRegionFromMETA method
Where srvr is a proxy for HRegionInterface.
However, when I track down by adding some debug information, I found
that neither HRegionServer.deleteAll() is called nor Hregion.deleteAll()
Is called (since my debug message won't print).  Then how is the remove
actually get done?
I think I am missing something but can someone please help me?!!

Thanks a lot!