Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Rainer Klute <ra...@epost.de> on 2003/12/06 12:25:23 UTC

POI Javadocs

Hi,

I just fixed the javadoc comments so that the "ant javadocs" task does no longer complain.

However, that does not mean that the documentation is fine now. While browsing through the stuff I noticed several problems with the javadoc comments:

- Some comments are hard to understand. Please keep in mind who is reading this: a developer who does not necessarily know much or anything about the classes or methods in question. A description must not leave room for guessing.

- Comments are too short.

- Parameter descriptions missing.

- Comments copied from other methods and thus plain wrong.

- Comments filled with IDE template stuff like "description of parameter xy". This is worse than a missing comment because you cannot find these locations easily.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423