Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/03/06 13:03:34 UTC

[myrmidon] Meta-info, Logger, Javac and stuff

Hi Adam,

Im off to a music festival for about a week so wont be about. Unfortunately I
never got around to doing a bunch of stuff I said I was going to this week ;)
However feel free to have a whack at it.

I have fixed all stuff on my end that used to use LogENabled to use
TaskContext so feel free to remove AbstractLogEnabled/Logger etc from Task
lifecycle.

Have a look at the xdocs produced by xdoclet for all the different types.
Only those types that are exposed to XML layer really need to be documented
to that level of detail. Anyways this is the basis for the metainfo I was
talking about. It is basically a clone/munge of the work that
Eric/Bill/others have done with the xdocs proposal.

I looked at the template-def and script-def tasks (tasks for defining tasks
with scripts and using templates respectively) and they ended up not using
enough in common to directly reuse the structures in metainfo. I will look at
refactoring them when I get back - maybe something can come out of them.

I never got around to converting Javac to myrmidon and that really really
needs to be done. If you were to do that then that wouldn't suck ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: xdocs + myrmidon proposals was Re: [myrmidon] Meta-info, Logger, Javac and stuff

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:00, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> [...]

Sorry - it completely went out of my brain ;) I think that I was basically
just running the xdocs proposal over our codebase to see what it produced and
I had hacked the code a little to get it more inline with our patterns.

Anyways there was nothing valuable in the stuff I did so it is probably best
to just redo it as I wont have much time to fix it up in next bit of time.
Sorry about that - but it is fun to hack at :)

I ran across a few problems which I explained in another email around same
time I believe. Eric or Bill could you give us the status of xdocs?

--
Cheers,

Pete

"You know what a dumbshit the 'average man' on the street is? Well, by
definition, half of them are even dumber than that!"
					J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

RE: [myrmidon] Meta-info, Logger, Javac and stuff

Posted by Adam Murdoch <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Adam

Re: [myrmidon] Meta-info, Logger, Javac and stuff

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:49, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> [...]

eek - too late :)

--
Cheers,

Pete

RE: [myrmidon] Meta-info, Logger, Javac and stuff

Posted by Adam Murdoch <ad...@yahoo.com>.